ShowBox is an immensely popular app that gets your favorite movies, TV shows, documentaries, short films and other entertainment ready to play and download on your Android smartphone or tablet. The app can also be run on Blackberry, and of Windows PCs with an Android Emulator. It is also available for iOS devices under the name MovieBox.
The trouble with ShowBox apk for Android, iPhone and PC has usually been updating it. The app by itself does notify you when a new version is available. But users report that the app can stay a lot of time in that state. Others report that the app fails to notify them and just stops loading movies and TV shows when newer ones are available. Here are some ways to solve ShowBox update errors.
Updating ShowBox apk manually: 2016 fix
To manually Update your ShowBox app, you need to get the latest apk file, delete the old one and uninstall the old version to install the latest. Here’s a list of step to follow.
- Find the old ShowBox apk file in your system and delete it.
- Download latest ShowBox apk from the internet.
- Uninstall the ShowBox app from your device. Long press and drag it to the Uninstall bin, and it should go away of its own.
- Install the latest ShowBox apk you have just downloaded.
The shortcoming of this method is that there is no way to recover the data you lose this way. The app will no longer carry the favorited content you marked in the previous version, or even if you install the previous apk again.
Update ShowBox via the app: 2016 fix
The error reported by many has been that the app stops offering reminders to the user if they dismiss the notification about latest versions once. That too can be worked around.
- Launch ShowBox app from your home screen menu.
- Tap the hamburger menu on the top left to access the menu. Or, swipe to your right.
- You should see an Updates option in the menu. Tap it and you should get notified if there are any newer versions of the app around.
- Then, you may simply allow updating and watch as the newest apk downloads and installs.
This is a much easier method as you’ll find, and it also retains your favorites and preferences.
When to update ShowBox app?
The signs are pretty visible when your ShowBox app needs to be updated. It is the reason the developers added a pesky notification that wouldn’t go away until you updated to the latest version.
- If you don’t get latest movies loading on your app, it might be because the version of the app you have is not recognised by the service anymore. Update to one of the latest versions and you can have your fill of entertainment.
- When a new version of the app arrives, you get a notification telling you about the newest, hottest features that have been included. Get the latest version if you want those on your device.
- ShowBox app can show errors of updating, like with too many ads, torrent links stalling or broken apk files that refuse to install. In such a case, check out ShowBox Lite, a mod version of the original apk that is also 20 MBs smaller in size.
Do let me know if you face any other problems installing the app or updating it.